This is a guide of how to beat the Timewyrm at the end of DQ11s.
Make sure EVERYONE to level 99
If this hasn’t been achieved, then the easiest method of post-game grinding is having a line-up of Luminary, Erik, Slyvando and Jade and zoom to the first forest campsite directly underneath the tree of Yggdrasil. Force them all to defend until you get lucky and you can use the “Haulellujah” prep power (Luminary, Erik and Jade) and then afterwards (after enduring much tedium) use Electro Light (Luminary, Jade and Slyvando) to convert them to metal monsters.
The easiest way to remove the long isolated periods of hopeful prayer of a lucky prep up occurring is by buying Prep pods, a task that you will become VERY conditioned to performing later.
Easiest way to acquire Prep Pods
As the aforementioned Prep Pods come with a hefty price attached to them, you will need to grind for gold: in-fact you will need to grind a lot. Before starting this technique, take precaution that you should talk to Mia post game to receive Erik’s pirate charm and rectify his skill points so he can get sticky fingers if he doesn’t have it already.
Now, firstly Zoom to Hotto and run into the Hooper Duper enemies around that location (They look like a pallet swapped Booga). Hopefully after half-inching them and killing them they will drop Devilry Drinkers.
They sell for 30,000 gold each and this is BY FAR the fastest method I’ve currently found to make gold throughout the game
Now you need Elfin Elixirs, a lot of them.
Sadly, the grinding has just began, but it’s manifested itself in a different form: the Octagonia casino. The following method is albeit – unreliable as your enemy is RNG. However, I’ve attempted it several times and succeeded.
Be very prepared for frequent soft-resting, this can either be far faster or slower than any other method.
- If you don’t want to grind more Devilry Drinkers for cash to convert into casino tokens, then proceed to the “Cruel Crypt” area of The Disciple’s Trial and gather some from the penny pinchers that roam below.
- The riskiest method involves BY FAR the most resetting (makes sense). It involves betting on the chest on the roulette wheel and hoping that you will win. If you lose, just reset your game. Not recommended, but I did manage to win the jackpot (somehow).
- Slime Quest mostly (for me) provides diminishing returns, but some people find it convenient and slowly start to gain a steady income after a hefty investment.
- This is my personal method of getting a somewhat reliable source of tokens from the casino.
It’s not the best, but it’s very similar to a guide on the DQ8 casino I remember reading years ago. There’s no technique that will ever remove the need for reseting, but if anyone knows any far more sustainable ways of gaining tokens, please comment on this guide and I will include it directly.
Elfin Elixir’s are quite expensive at 30,000, but make sure to dump ALL of your tokens into them.
As your equipment won’t come from the casino directly.
In order to get to the point in the game where you can challenge the Timewyrm, I would assume you would have some – if not the best armor in the game. I’m going to present my setup and team composition that I used to kill the Timewyrm.
Highly un-optimised Luminary setup, as shouldn’t be doing much attacking unless things turn haywire. Unbridled Blade Brilliant Blade +3 saves me so often during frequent attempts however, but I would suggest against such.
Fighting The Timewyrm
Pray for RNG to be on your side
Make sure everyone is fully prepped.
1:The first thing you should do is use Yggdragon’s Blessing, if you fail to do so before you suffer any damage restart.
2. Have Veronica cast magic burst, Serena consistantly use Elfin Elixirs on her, have the Hero use a prep pod and have Hendrik use Yggdragon’s Blessing.
3. Any healing should be performed by either Serena or the Hero, but you shouldn’t need to worry if you’re holding Yggdragon’s Blessing up.
If you’re getting consistently bad RNG, a tactic that provided to be useful would be to swap out Hendrik for Slyvando as not only does he have greater speed than Hendrik, but he is able to remove most status effects you can get stuck with.
If you have any questions about this that were unanswered, or any better strategies to beat the Timewyrm please comment and I’ll address them accordingly.
I hope you enjoy the Guide we share about DRAGON QUEST XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition – How to beat the Timewyrm in Dragon Quest 11s; if you think we forget to add or we should add more information, please let us know via commenting below! See you soon!