Are you tired of these wacky soundeffects everyone spam with chatwheel or taunts 24\7? Do you also feel they are redundant and annoying? If so, you can now get rid of most of them.
This guide will allow you to remove most annoying sounds from the game, specifically – chat wheel sounds, hero wheel sounds, taunt sounds. Doing so is completely legit and won’t result in a ban because such unintrusive modding is allowed.
1) First of all,you need the main mod file, which can be downloaded from github link,just here. – [github.com]
The file contains almost nothing, and that nothing will be loaded into the game instead of the annoying sounds.
Download button is in the middle right. Save the file and proceed to the next step.
2) Now you need to open your dota2 file folder. To do it, select dota2 in library and press Browse local files. Then proceed to\dota 2 beta\game\ folder. You will see there such folders as “dota”, “dota_russian”, “dota_koreana”, etc. Now we need to create our own folder – its name shall be “dota_MOD“.
3) After the folder is created,move the downloaded vpk file into it.
4) Final part – switching to the mod. To do it, open dota2 launch options in library and paste there the following: -language MOD
5) It is over now, you can finally enjoy the silence. You will most likely encounter a message in your dota2 settings demanding you to restart your client, but you can safely ignore it, as i do. To test the mod, go into the chat wheel settings, press the sounds in them and try listening to these sounds. If they aren’t playing – everything is good.
If you will encounter any problems – please let me know. If you will encounter annoying sounds i have yet to remove, please let me know of them, as i really want to purify my dota client from this filth one and for all. After the new sounds will be added into the game i will need to update the mod, replacing them. I may release a version with, for example, hero lines wheel sounds still remaining, if some will need it,
This is all about Dota 2 – Disable Chat Wheel Sounds; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Dota 2 Posts List