Walk-through *Spoilers if you Read Too Far Ahead*
You are a child known as Jamie and have been taken by a group of occult psychopaths as toys – the first toy – gift-wrapped for a man known as Franklin. Through the notes in the levels, you realize that they are performing strange human experiments and that you’re the first child of many who they have insidious plans for.
1. Awakening in plastic packaging, you are left alone in the room to await what’s sure to be a horrifying fate. There are ties to the packaging at the bottom and top corners of the plastic; you can twist them to free yourself and enter the room. The door is locked; you have a bunny; you can grab for comfort on the side of your packaging. There is a key in the cupboard to your left, which unlocks the door.
2. You enter into a hall with a locked door on one end and a dead-end door on the opposite side. There are mannequins covered in sheets in the hall. After exploring the rooms, you’ll notice a room beside the locked gate; check the cupboard. This has the screwdriver, which you’ll need to progress.
3. If you try to walk into the pitch-black room opposite the screwdriver room, Jamie becomes afraid. You hear whispers and the red sheet at the back of the room remains. “It’s too dark, scary!” As a child in this world, a lot of the experience is supernatural, but your childish perceptions of it. Leaving the room, you will notice that the world is beginning to come alive. The mannequins are no longer covered- and they will begin to move about. Some of them to help you, some of them to hinder your escape.
4. Now that the world has changed, you will eventually return to the room with the mannequin and the goldfish head. The wall has cut out, revealing a hidden room. This is one of the rooms with candles, to which you can endlessly resupply your light should it get blown out. Take a candle and return to the pitch-black room and get rid of the veil hiding the other parts of the basement.
5. It’s not really more than an annoyance, but you will need to be wary of the mannequins with the wind symbols painted on them. If they blow out your candle, you will need to return to an area where you can light your candle to see or, at times, progress.
You’ll see a mannequin in the dark area so covered in blood she appears red. She’s familiarly holding her hands- the same as the goldfish mannequin, which is important.
6. When you explore to the end of this level, you’ll see a mannequin with his hand on a door. This will open later. You are given a vital clue next to the straight creature locked up in the basement- this will be what you need to look for to gather the key and progress.
Notice that the hand is blue. You will need to search for a mannequin with a blue hand, and he is close by.
7. Once you grab the key from the mannequin with the blue hand, you return it to the door with the clue painted on it. It unlocks. You enter a storeroom with your next step painted on the wall. Grab the screwdriver, grab the goldfish, give it to the bloody mannequin.
8. After completing the goldfish, you will lose your light and need to refresh it. The mannequins continue to move about the level. The mannequin holds the door is now open, and you can begin accelerating your escape.
Locked up in this room is a creepy child doll- around its neck is a key. This is the key to progress to the next area of the basement.
I don’t really feel like the last section needs a how-to; it’s all pretty straight forward. You circle a room lined with prison cells and warped beings that no longer seem human. It would help if you found a bag to place over the mannequin guarding the door near the fridge/suspended bodies. There’s a little ladder to climb up. The door opens automatically once you explore a bit. This gets you the bag from a victim’s head, enabling you access to the room with the key for the exit. But, I do have a video for both sections if you need it.
This is all about Don’t Be Afraid – The First Toy – Complete Walk-through; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Don't Be Afraid - The First Toy Posts List