DirectDraw can fix compatibility issues in older games, such as black screen, bad performance, crashes or defective Alt+Tab. Windowed Mode / Fullscreen Exclusive Mode / Borderless Mode.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and Wine
- Windowed Mode / Fullscreen Exclusive Mode / Borderless Mode
- Alt+Enter support to switch quickly between Fullscreen and Windowed mode
- Automatically saves and restores window position/size/state
- GDI / OpenGL / Direct3D 9 renderer (With automatic renderer selection)
- FPS Limiter
- Optional mouse sensitivity scaling
- Download DirectDraw – [github.com] and extract it into your game folder
- Rendering system – Software
- Start the game
Note: If you want to play in windowed mode then start the game once in fullscreen and then press Alt+Enter to enable the cnc-ddraw windowed mode (Or enable windowed mode in the config program without using Alt+Enter).
If the game starts but it doesn’t work perfectly then open the config program and check the Compatibility settings. Alternatively you can also open ddraw.ini with notepad and modify the Compatibility settings in there.
Compatibility settings in ddraw.ini
- If there are problems on Alt+Tab then try to set noactivateapp=true – If it still doesn’t work also try renderer=opengl or renderer=gdi.
- If the game is running too fast then try to set maxgameticks=60 – If it’s still too fast, try a lower value.
- If windowed mode or upscaling are not working properly then try to set hook=2 and renderer=gdi.
- If videos or other UI elements are invisible then try to set nonexclusive=true.
- If some parts of the screen are being displayed diagonally then try to set fixpitch=true.
- If the game is stuttering on a Freesync/G-Sync monitor then try to set minfps=-1.
- [Alt] + [Enter] = Switch between windowed and fullscreen mode
- [Ctrl] + [Tab] = Unlock cursor
- [Right Alt] + [Right Ctrl] = Unlock cursor
Issues in github
for problems issues in github – [github.com]
Hope you enjoy the Guide about Divine Divinity – Game Config DirectDraw (ddraw.ini) – Issue Fix, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All Divine Divinity Posts List