A simple troubleshooting guide built to cover common technical issues surrounding Deep Rock Galactic. The content in this guide was pulled directly from my troubleshooting guide on the DRG discord server.
Your Questions (start here)
Find your issue or one that’s similar and go to the section in this guide that matches the number.
- I can’t change my armor in the wardrobe.
- My deep dive/assignment terminal displays a really large negative number, there aren’t any servers showing up, or I can’t join my friends game.
- Any map abnormality including missing morekite wells, weird doretta pathfinding, missing mini mules, or any other objective.
- My game crashes when alt tabbing or clicking away from the game window.
- My game crashes when a certain sound que plays, “Hazard” replaces the audio output, or there’s severe audio stuttering.
- Molly is stuck and walks back and forth in the same spot.
- My game doesn’t register mouse clicks or registers them inconsistently.
- I played a deep dive and didn’t get any rewards.
- My game boots into a black screen.
- Does the game work on linux?
- DRG stops responding on the splash screen with high GPU and CPU usage. Framerate is 1-2 and space rig audio plays in the background.
- Enemies are flashing/strobing yellow/green and clearly look broken.
- After updating to U34 my game crashes at the splash screen despite working just fine in U33.
- I didn’t get an achievement, but my teammate(s) did.
- I lost all of my save data!
- My game doesn’t save my progress!
- My game says I have a save with more progress, but I’m already on my main save.
- I downloaded a mod from mod.io and now my game is crashing and I can’t fix it.
- My framerate is stuck at 64 fps.
- My game crashes/won’t launch after a set amount of time regardless of DirectX 11 or 12.
- All of my save games are listed as sandbox!
Your wardrobe is likely temporarily bugged. I’d hazard a guess that one of your selection options is improperly set to one of another category. For instance in this screenshot the skin color is somehow set to an armor and overrides the armor selection.
The solution to that is to switch the option that’s improperly set to another one. In this instance click on the skin color option and change it to something else. That’ll resolve your issue.
Verify that windows sets your time and timezone automatically. Resync with microsoft then restart your computer.
Screenshot the ESC menu while in mission and paste in #bug-discussion or because we’re on steam, go to this thread for proper reporting procedure. – [steamcommunity.com] The entire ESC menu is required to be in the screenshot. If it isn’t then they can’t reproduce the level and subsequently the bug.
Source – [discord.com]
More accurately, launch the game using DirectX11.
Do the AMD FX / Realtek audio fix. – [steamcommunity.com]
Change your windows audio quality to be no higher than 32 bit 192000 Hz by following the instructions below.
- Right click the sound icon on the taskbar.
- Left click Sounds.
- Navigate to the Playback tab then select your audio device, right click it, and left click properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab, in the dropdown select an audio quality that is no higher than 32 bit 192000 Hz, left click Apply then OK.
You have two options.
- Dig around the points where she turns around
- Proceed to the drop pod where the door will automatically open with ~15 seconds remaining.
Run the game in fullscreen (not windowed borderless) at your native resolution. If that fails then
Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic and right click on FSD.exe
Check disable fullscreen optimizations
Apply and ok
Source – [steamcommunity.com]
You can only collect deep dive rewards once per week per deep dive.
Check pinned messages in #deep-dive-discussion and verify that you played this weeks deep dive and not last weeks.
The likely cause is your game thought it was last week. Usually a result of your system clock not being set correctly. Resync it according to step 2, restart your computer, and try again.
Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames and make a backup of those save files.
– Right click the game on steam > properties > general > uncheck the box under steam cloud. If you do not make a backup of your save files, they’ll be gone when you delete them.
– Then you’re going to uninstall the game.
– Check \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic for any residual files and delete them.
– Redownload the game, but do not move your save files back.
– Launch the game and see if your issue persists. If it doesn’t then move your save files back into the SaveGames folder or use the save recovery feature. Also reenable steam cloud.
Officially no, the game does not support linux. However by utilizing Proton you’re able to play the game as if it were on Windows. I wrote a steam guide that can be found here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2548993162 – [steamcommunity.com]
Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\WindowsNoEditor\Config and open GameUserSettings.ini with your favorite text editor. Find a line for DX12 and disable it.
If that doesn’t resolve it then do the following
\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames\WindowsNoEditor\Config
Delete the following two lines, save, and close it.
This is a DirectX 12 issue. Go into ingame settings (ESC > Options > Graphics) and disable it.
Alternatively launch the game using the DirectX 11 option.
As of U34 the game uses dx12 on launch as a default. Unlike step 12, you’ll be unable to change this setting ingame. There are two options to resolve this:
Select the DX11 option on launch (alternatively place -dx11 into launch options)
Go to FSD/saved/config/windowsnoeditor and open gameusersettings.ini with your favorite text editor.
Change this line to false:
Achievements in general can be unreliable for clients. Your best bet to unlock them is to complete them as host.
Proceed down the list one step at a time. If a step resolves your issue then stop. If no steps resolve your issue then your save is gone.
- Launch the game. Exit the tutorial. When in the space rig do the following
ESC > Options > Restore Save
- Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames
Make a backup of all those files.
Identify if any files are named ###_Backup_#.sav
If so, rename them to ###_Player.sav (after renaming your existing ###_Player.sav to something else)
Relaunch the game and see if that resolves your issue. If it does not then continue to the last step.
- Go to https://store.steampowered.com/account/remotestorage – [steampowered.com] , find DRG, and download the files listed. There should be a ###_Player.sav and a ###_Backup_#.sav.
- Delete all files in the SaveGames folder (you should’ve made a backup in step 2) and replace them with the two files you downloaded from step 3. Try at first with the ###_Player.sav you downloaded and if that doesn’t work, rename the ###_Backup_#.sav to ###_Player.sav and try again.
Navigate to the following directory:
\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved/
Right click on SaveGames
Uncheck read only
Apply to all folders and files inside
Apply and OK
Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames and back a backup of all those files.
Launch the game
Switch to your main save
esc > options > restore save
into launch options for DRG. This will disable modding on launch.
Alternatively you can log into mod.io in your browser and ubsubscribe from the mod in question if you know what it is.
Alternatively you can navigate to one of the following folders and delete all files inside.
Windows: C:\Users\Public\mod.io & AppData\Local\mod.io
Source – [steamcommunity.com]
Note that it is not the responsibility of GSG to ensure compatibility of mods when they update their game. That is solely the responsibility of the mod author.
Uninstall razer central/synapse. That malware should not be on your computer.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/1/3044984779778190989/ – [steamcommunity.com]
I have a solution for running the game via vulkan rather than DirectX. It should be noted that you are unlikely to have the same performance using this method as you did using DirectX 11 or 12. This step is reserved for users experiencing issues on DX11 or DX12 and have exhausted all other options.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2592084057 – [steamcommunity.com]
If the above link does not work then the guide has not been published yet.
This is my legacy troubleshooting guide. A lot of the content here is unnecessary as of last year when GSG updated to a newer version of UE4. Some of the steps here may still be helpful which is why I haven’t eliminated it entirely. For most general issues you’ll be recommended the FAQ section of this guide. For general crashes this section is still worth reading through.
Advanced Troubleshooting List
READ THROUGH EVERYTHING LISTED HERE
Note that these steps are limited mainly to the steam version of the game. Some can be applied to the windows store version however. First, before using this list, check these links directly below and make sure that nothing there resolves your issue before continuing on with troubleshooting.
READ THESE FIRST
Common crashes, strange bugs, and their solutions: https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/2/1642039362993864094/ – [steamcommunity.com]
Audio related issues which can cause crashes and its fix: https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/2/1729827777339086202/ – [steamcommunity.com]
Broken or corrupt save files and its fix: https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/2/1735466157769202703/ – [steamcommunity.com]
C++ Runtime bugs (some crashes and failure to launch) and its fix: https://steamcommunity.com/app/548430/discussions/2/1483235412203501698/ – [steamcommunity.com]
Troubleshooting provided by Zamboni on the DRG discord (there’s some overlap between our two posts): https://discordapp.com/channels/257785731072786435/258990272967475200/604162193474453504 – [discordapp.com]
These steps are meant to be completed in order from least invasive and easy to do to complicated and risky if you don’t know what you’re doing. Do NOT do anything if you don’t know what you’re doing. They can, however, be completed in any order.
You should reboot after every step that modifies system files.
You should attempt to run the game after completing every step.
- Navigate to \steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic
Right click FSD.exe and select run as administrator
If the game launches then exit it. You won’t be able to play it this way since it doesn’t initialize steam connectivity and will stay at `connecting to steam` forever.
You’re looking for an error message, typically a .dll which failed to run correctly. Usually this is DirectX related, but it can be audio related too. If you get a windows error message then skip to step 10 then proceed. Everyone else proceed with the list.
- Make sure you have the latest updates installed for both the game, windows, and your graphics drivers.
- Change your windows audio quality to no higher than 32bit 192000 Hz.
- If you have malwarebytes installed I recommend disabling it as it has the potential to create crashes in certain configurations.
- Run `UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe` as admin located in `\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us`
- Launch the game through steam using dx11 then dx12. Whichever you used last will be used when launching via the first option.
- Do a clean install of your game. This means making a backup of your saves in `\steamapps\common\Deep Rock Galactic\FSD\Saved\SaveGames` and deleting any residual files from DRG.
- Reinstall your graphics drivers making sure to do a clean install.
- Physically unplug/disconnect any controllers from your computer.
- Systematically go through `Device Manager`, locate your audio drivers, right click, properties, driver, and attempt to Update Driver on all of them.
- Temporarily disable any `Realtek audio drivers` you have in Device Manager.
- Run a surface scan on your computer in an elevated command prompt.
- Download and run this tool from Microsoft to repair DirectX: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=35 – [microsoft.com]
- Download and run this installer from Microsoft to verify you have directx9 installed and functioning: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 – [microsoft.com]
That link may not work. Use this alternative source for the same download at your own risk. – [cnet.com]
- Download and run this tool from Microsoft to repair your Microsoft .NET Framework: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135 – [microsoft.com]
- Temporarily uninstall Geforce Experience.
- Use DISM to repair your windows install. You’ll need to run a surface scan again afterwards.
- Repair windows using installation media.
Not all of the material in this guide was discovered by me. The solutions to issues are a collage simply posted into one centralized location to make troubleshooting issues a lot easier. I try to include the original source to each one, but can’t guarantee every one (discovered by others) will have a source. Some solutions from the DRG Discord can’t be located due to poor search functionality on that platform.
This is all about Deep Rock Galactic – Troubleshoot Guide to Fix Game Bugs & Crashes; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Deep Rock Galactic Posts List