My own Tips and Experience on how to play the Apothecary class in Darza’s Dominion.
EDIT: THERE ARE NERFS AND CHANGES PLANNED FOR APOTHECARY. THIS GUIDE WILL BE UPDATED AFTER THOSE CHANGES ARE LIVE AND WHEN I DO SOME TESTING.
Apothecary is a healer-focused support class.
Their equipment consists of aBow, Leather Armor, and a Healing Mortar as the ability.
The main topics I will be covering in this guide is Equipment, Tips, and Mortars
Know that since Apoth uses a bow, their damagewill be pretty bad early on. If you want to get loot as an Apothecary:
- Upgrade your bow as soon as possible
- Max out Attack and Dexterity
- Try to not get into Dungeons having 10+ players inside
Currently, the state of Tiered Bows are pretty bad in this game. You should try to get a Tier 8-10 Bow as soon as possible.
The best bows in the game are the Unique-Tier Bows. However, since Unique items are extremely rare, you will have to likely grind out essences or buy it from another player.
Note: Wiki is outdated for these bows so the information I have on them currently is limited
- Ominous Arebalest – [mara.to] would easily replace a Tiered Bow
- Cadaverous Greed – [mara.to] is the one you are most likely to get. Exchanges rate of fire for high damage and range. You should still keep a Tiered Bow for Crowd Clearing even if you get this Bow
- Scorch Recurve – [mara.to] can make enemies Bleed, but less range and one shot. Should be used as a secondary bow.
THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY OUTDATED
When the Apothecary uses a Mortar, a ring of particles will spawn on your cursor. After a second or two, a grenade-like particle will come down and everyone in that circle will get healed.
In my opinion, just keep using the Starter Tier (Tier 0) Mortar as it is the most mana efficient. Only a measly 40 mana cost for a 70 heal is very very good. However if you want to, you can keep a higher-tiered Mortar around in your inventory and use it when your health is extremely low.
- If your WIS stat is high enough, you can consider using a bit more higher tiered Mortar as your main instead
There is a Unique Mortar known as the Venomous Pestle – [mara.to] that can Paralyze enemies, but it is only a 175 mana cost and the Paralyze lasts 2 seconds. I would only really use it if you don’t need heals and have to stop a boss from moving.
Tiered Leather is good enough. If you want to, you can go for the Unique Leathers.
- If you want to spam your ability more, get the Cicipalti Hauberk – [mara.to]
Generally just depends on what you want to focus on.
- The most recommended one is WIS rings as it will further boost your MP regen and you can get more Mortar heals in.
- MP ring will only get you an extra initial Mortar use
- For general survival, you can use HP / ARM / VIT ring
- ATK/DEX rings can help newer players get loot more easily
Aiming the Mortar
It is important to keep in mind that the Mortar Circle spawns on your MOUSE CURSOR POSITION. If you are not in that circle, you will not be healed. The range of the mortar is pretty big, so it should not be hard to master using it.
If you are constantly moving,aim it at where you are going to be. This might be hard to do when you’re moving in all sorts of angles.
- If you are rushing a dungeon, aim the Mortar a bit of a distance ahead of you. Sometimes you might have to slow down to be in the circle.
Thanks for reading this small, but simple guide! If you have feedback, comment it below.
This is all about Darza’s Dominion – How to play the Apothecary class; I hope you enjoy reading the Guide! If you feel like we should add more information or we forget/mistake, please let us know via commenting below, and thanks! See you soon!
- All Darza's Dominion Posts List