Baldur’s Gate III – Save Game Problems? Here’s the Solution
Imagine this: You’re in the throes of the gripping story that is Baldur’s Gate 3. You’ve sunk hours, days, maybe weeks into it, and then… bam! The darn game just won’t save. Trust me, I’ve been there – just as my Half-Elf Paladin was really hitting his stride. But don’t worry, we’ve got the fix for it right here.
- Give Baldur’s Gate 3 a break. Close it down.
- Give your Steam a bit of a breather too. Restart it.
- Find Baldur’s Gate 3 in your Steam library and give it a right-click.
- Select the “General” option.
- Then head on over to “Steam Cloud.”
- Switch it off. Yup, disable it.
- Next up, trek through your files to “C:\Users\myUser\AppData\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3.”
- Don’t be sentimental, delete that folder.
- And voila! Re-open Baldur’s Gate 3.
Plan B: (If Plan A didn’t do the trick)
- Head over to your desktop and click “Start.”
- Type “msconfig” like a boss.
- Visit “General.”
- Select “Startup.”
- Uncheck “Load Startup Items.”
- Give a checkmark to “Load system services” and make sure “Use original boot configuration” options are ticked off.
- Click on “Services.”
- Tick off “Hide All Microsoft Services.”
- Select “Disable All.”
- Then give a firm click on “OK.”
- Give your computer a refresh. Restart it.
- Run “msconfig” again to get your boot settings back to normal.
If you followed those steps right, your saving issue should be history! But hey, sometimes it’s not just about the save feature. Other issues might sneak in there too. To avoid further save-game headaches, try disabling cross-saves for Baldur’s Gate 3. Consider also switching from DX11 to Vulkan, or the other way around, when you’re launching the game. And although not everyone swears by it, it might be worth verifying your game files for Baldur’s Gate 3 on Steam.
Don’t forget about the official Larian Studios’ support page. It’s got a whole buffet of solutions for all sorts of game-related glitches. You might want to bookmark this page and keep it handy, especially while you’re still finding your way in the early stages of the game.
- All Baldur's Gate III Posts List