Baldur’s Gate III – Lae’zel Build Guide – Best stats and subclass
Hey, folks! We’ve got some great tips for you on building out Lae’zel, that badass Githyanki Fighter from Baldur’s Gate 3. Whether you’re choosing her as a starting character or bringing her along for the ride, she’s a beast in melee combat. Just imagine her slicing through enemies left and right! And the best way to make her even more formidable? Focus on her Battle Master subclass and boost those fighter abilities with the right feats.
How to Roll Out Your Lae’zel
So, you’re ready to create your own Lae’zel? Awesome! You need to juggle some ability scores and decide on a fighting style. To make her the meanest fighter in all of Baldur’s Gate 3, here are the stats we suggest:
- Feeling strong? Aim for a Strength of 17.
- Dexterity should be around 13.
- Keep her Constitution at a hardy 15.
- For Intelligence, stick with 10.
- Make sure her Wisdom hits 12.
- Charisma can chill at 8.
Now, Lae’zel’s fighting style really depends on your weapon and armor preference. For a foolproof tactic, grab a one-handed weapon and shield, and pair it with the Defense, Dueling, or Protection fighting style.
- Defense: Get a nice +1 boost to your Armor Class (AC) while wearing armor.
- Dueling: One hand on the weapon, the other empty – this gives you a +2 bonus to damage rolls.
- Protection: Got a shield? You can mess up an enemy’s attack roll if they try to pick on your friends.
Of course, Lae’zel does come with the Great Weapon Fighting style already loaded. So, if you’re into it, make sure you find some cool two-handed or versatile weapons.
Choosing Lae’zel’s Maneuvers
By level 3, Lae’zel steps into her Battle Master shoes and you get to pick three maneuvers. These can be real game-changers depending on the situation. We’ve got some hot tips for you:
- Riposte: Missed me! Now it’s your turn to strike back with some extra oomph in the form of 1d8 damage.
- Disarming Strike: Smack them so hard they drop their weapon and deal an extra 1d8 damage while you’re at it.
- Pushing Attack: Ever wanted to make your enemies fly? Hit ’em, deal an extra 1d8 damage, and watch them skid back 15 feet.
- Menacing Attack: This one’s fun! Strike fear into your enemies and add a bonus 1d8 damage.
All these maneuvers can turn the tide of a battle in the blink of an eye. Riposte is perfect for those pesky foes who can’t quite hit your AC, while Menacing Attack and Pushing Attack are great for keeping enemies at a distance. Got a big baddie with a gnarly weapon? Use Disarming Strike to give them a time out.
Boosting Lae’zel’s Power with Feats
Want to supercharge Lae’zel’s fighter skills? Add in some feats that really gel with her style. Here’s our hand-picked selection:
- Savage Attacker: Roll twice for weapon attack damage and pick the bigger number. We love options!
- Sentinel: Be the hero your team needs. Swing at an enemy attacking a friend and hold them in place when you land a hit.
- Shield Master: Up your Dexterity Saving Throws by +2 when wielding a shield, and laugh off damage from spells.
- Tough: Boost your maximum hit points by 2 for every level you gain. More HP = more fun!
- Heavy Armor Master: Get beefed up and brush off incoming damage like a boss when you’re all kitted out in heavy armor.
With these tips, you’ll have a Lae’zel build in Baldur’s Gate 3 that’s as potent as it is versatile. Can’t wait to see you on the battlefield!
- All Baldur's Gate III Posts List