Baldur’s Gate 3 – Best Paladin Build and Stats/Skills
If you’re dreaming of becoming the ultimate Paladin in Baldur’s Gate 3, you’re in the right place. Let’s dive right into how you can mix and match stats and races to get the best out of your Paladin, both in fierce battles and when just chilling.
Where to Start: Building a Solid Paladin Foundation
So, you want to make your Paladin shine? Let’s talk about the core stats you need to focus on. Think of them as the building blocks of your Paladin’s strength and abilities:
- Strength: This is the backbone of your Paladin. It boosts your attack power with strength-centric weapons and helps you perform well in athletic challenges. Get this stat high!
- Charisma: This is your spell-casting buddy. It not only amps up your spells but also those smashing Smite attacks. You’ll want to give this stat plenty of love.
- Constitution: Think of this as your Paladin’s stamina. It determines how much damage you can take, which is pretty important since Paladins often find themselves up close and personal with enemies.
Where to Begin: Setting the Right Stats
Ready to start your Paladin journey? Here’s a nifty set of stats to kick things off:
- Strength (STR): 17
- Dexterity (DEX): 10
- Constitution (CON): 14
- Intelligence (INT): 8
- Wisdom (WIS): 8
- Charisma (CHA): 16
How to Pick the Best Race for Your Paladin
Did you know? Your Paladin’s race can add some cool perks. Here are some races that jive well with the Paladin class:
- Drow: These folks have nifty tricks up their sleeves like resisting charm and casting handy spells like Dancing Lights. Plus, they see super well in the dark!
- Githyanki: They come with special abilities like Mage Hand and Misty Step, plus they can jump three times as far. Talk about a leap of faith!
- Wood Elf: Speedy and sneaky, Wood Elves can zip around quickly and are pretty good at staying hidden.
- Deep Gnome: With enhanced vision in the dark and a knack for sneaking around, they’re a solid pick for those who love surprises.
Once you’ve mixed and matched these races and stats, you’re all set to be the Paladin you’ve always dreamed of in Baldur’s Gate 3. Remember, it’s all about tailoring your Paladin to your unique playstyle and having fun along the way!
Zariel Tiefling: Now, here’s a cool choice. Zariel Tieflings have some special perks like being able to see in dim places and resisting fire. They can also whip out spells like Searing Smite. With their diverse abilities, they can add a lot of zing to your Paladin’s adventures.
Where to Focus: Picking Your Paladin Subclass
Choosing the right Paladin Subclass can really shape your journey. Each one has a unique Oath which is like a code they live by. But be careful! Straying from your Oath might just make you an Oathbreaker, changing your abilities big time. One standout choice? The Oath of Vengeance. It’s a flexible option that’s great for both newbies and those who’ve played DND before.
Why the Oath of Vengeance?
With the Oath of Vengeance, you’re pledging to right the wrongs and tackle the big baddies. You get to follow cool guidelines like Fight the Greater Evil and Show No Mercy to the Wicked. Plus, the skills you gain are super versatile for all sorts of challenges.
What Skills Come with the Oath of Vengeance?
- Level 1 – Inquisitor’s Might: Boost your weapon attacks and occasionally daze enemies, leaving them in a dizzied state.
- Level 3 – Abjure Enemy: Make foes tremble in fear. Extra effective against the undead and fiends.
- Level 3 – Vow of Enmity: Gives you an edge when targeting specific foes.
- Level 3 – Bane: Slap a penalty on foes, making them less effective in combat.
- Level 3 – Hunter’s Mark: Mark a target for extra damage. If they fall, pick a new target without wasting magic.
- Level 5 – Hold Person: Freeze a person in place, leaving them super vulnerable.
- Level 5 – Misty Step: Use mist to teleport, perfect for when you need to reposition quickly.
- Level 7 – Relentless Avenger: Chase down enemies with ease after landing a hit.
- Level 9 – Haste: Speed up yourself or a friend, giving them an extra action and faster movement.
- Level 9 – Protection From Energy: Guard against specific types of damage by touching a friend or yourself.
If you’ve got your sights set on the Oath of Vengeance, then you’re in for a thrilling ride! This path is all about chasing down justice, making sure that those who do wrong don’t get away with it. And guess what? As a Paladin, it means you’ll be a real powerhouse when facing off against anything wicked. So, when you’re picking out that Subclass for your Paladin, think hard! It can really change up how you shine in those intense battles.
- All Baldur's Gate 3 Posts List