Automation tips and small automation tips for Squasholine production (in the 09/2022 event).
- 1x Extra Large Platform C
- 2x Auto Arm
- 1x Medium Gas Canister
- 1x Medium Storage Silo
- 1x Delay Repeater
- 1x Button Repeater
- 2x Zinc
- 2x Titanium
- 2x Aluminium
- 2x Graphite
- 1x Silicone
- 1x Glass
- 2x Resin
- 2x Iron
Both Auto Arms are located at the platform's end. Although it might seem redundant and odd to use two, sometimes the squash yields 2 to 5 pieces so it is best to make it quicker. To ensure that the Auto Arms will only pick up the squash pieces, you can place one squash piece on each arm.
Next, place the Medium Storage Silo next to your Medium Gas Canister. The Medium Gas Canister can store the Squasholine, while the Medium Storage Silo acts like a buffer.
Both Auto Arms output is sent to the Medium Storage Silo. This buffer is useful for squashes that produce too many pieces.
Place two plants on the platform's last section and set them up to make the basic recipe.
The last part is setting up your farm.
To do this, place the Button Repeater at the center of the area where you will plant the squash seeds. Place the Delay Repeater within the range of the Button Repeater and connect it with the Button Repeater. This creates a loop in which the Delay Repeater count stops, it activates Button Repeater again, and the Button Repeater activates Delay Repeater again, so it may start counting again.
The Button Repeater is able to do everything: It can reactivate Delay Repeater to continue repeating the cycle, can harvest ripe squash and can even replant seeds.
- You will still need the entire Medium Gas Canister to be moved to the EXO Request Platform.
- Some squash rarely produces Astronium, along with a squash piece and seed. These need to be removed manually or by another Auto Arm.
- Sometimes, the squash pieces can fly away and you will need to move them back into Auto Arms range (. I tried to think of a way to lock the farm, but I was too busy laughing when I saw this working Auto Arms).
- You can set the Delay Repeater counter at either 1 or 2. It doesn't matter how much (, but if it is too short, it reduces the chances of a seed being moved from the Button Repeater area).
- This could work with other fuel combinations, if other plants behave like event squash, but I haven't tested it.
- 7 seeds is enough for me. The buffer is rarely empty (, and most often when there are a lot more squash pieces than Auto Arm range).
If the Button Repeater is nerfed, it gives us at least a planter piece.
Hope you enjoy the Guide about ASTRONEER – Guide to automation of Squasholine production, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All ASTRONEER Posts List