Briefly and with photos
Info and version
I have 500 hours in the game and I am working on a little guide here with tips that I find really helpful (also for my friends).
Version: Alpha 19.6 (2021)
- destroying – attacking with any item
- disassembling – using wrench/ratchet/impact driver
- looting – searching
- scrapping – clicking S while in inventory
- You can get Jar of Honey by destroying Tree Stump (second item for curing infection/virus after Antibiotics)
- You can get Coal by destroying Burnt Tree, Ember Pile or Wood Burning Stove
- You can get extra Feathers by destroying Birdnest
- You can harvest lotta Stone by destroying Pallet Bricks (x50 larger quantity than from stone block and x5 larger quantity than from Resource Boulder)
- You can harvest lotta Wood by destroing Firewood Stack (x30 larger quantity than from wood block and x3/4 larger quantity than from Tree)
- You can get Cobblestone Rocks by destroing Pallet, Blue Tarp (shovel)
- You can get Cement by destroing Pallet, White Bags (shovel)
- You can get Paper by destroying Pallet, Compressed Cardboard (axe)
- You can get Leather by destroying or scrapping Leather Sofa, Leather Couch or Office Chair
- You can get Snowball (=Murky Water) by destroying Ice Machine
- You can collect Torch or Candle by destroying it
- Bacon and Eggs gives +36 hunger while Boiled Meat, Grilled Meat and Charred Meat are only +10 hunger with the same amount of Raw Meat.
- Carry Bandage in your inventory – it’s cheap and you can always scrap it when you need space.
- Scrapping tier 1 items can be more worth than selling it. (f.e. Iron Sledgehammer = 28$, scrapped into 225 Iron = 44$ + crafting potential) (f.e. Pistol = 40$, scrapped into 3 Handgun Parts = 90$ + crafting potential) – this can also concern higher tiers.
- By repairing/modificating items you can sell it for much higher value. It is worth for Tiers 3+ – difference of several hundred of money.
- The same Tiers of tool/weapon can have different stats and even lower Tiers can have more interesting buffs – f.e. +1 higher damage or AK-47 with +5 ammunition in magazine.
- To not read the same book/schematic twice (it’s a waste of 160$) – next to the readable item is an icon – if the book on the icon is closed – you haven’t read the book and you can use it.
- Sometimes it’s worth to sell the book instead of reading it, f.e. the one which “makes you invisible for Motion Sensor for 3 seconds when sneaking” – useful on PvP, useless on PvE)
- You can get easy Forged Steel and Forged Iron by disassembling Broken Vending Machine, Pole Top 01 or Munitions Box
- You can get easy Forged Steel by disassembling Street Light or Chandelier
- You can get easy Forged Iron by disassembling Workshop, Chemistry Station, Table Saw, Battery Bank, Generator Bank, Destroyed Solar Bank or Weight Bar
- You can also get Forged Steel and Forged Iron in small amounts by disassembling open Gun Safe
- You can also get Forged Iron in small amounts by disassembling open Desk Safe or Wall Safe
- You can get an guaranteed Engine by disassembling Army Truck or Car Motor Flat
- You can get Spring by disassembling Bunk Bed or King Size Bed
- You can get Bottle of Acid (uncraftable) mostly by looting Sink or Old Sink
- You can get Pistol and Hunting Knife tier 1 by looting Toilet (it is possible)
- You can find hidden loot behind Painting
- When exploring “follow light” – f.e. Desk Lamps, Table Lamps, Lanterns, Torches, Flashlights etc. Then you explore the buildings the way they are meant to be explored – you won’t miss any part and you won’t need to penetrate through hard barriers!
- Loot is worse if you damage the container you wanna open. This rule also concerns breaking into safes without using lock picks – use lock picks to get better loot and don’t damage unopened containers!
- Basic entities HP are:
– Zombie Male: 150 HP
– Zombie Female: 125 HP
– Zombie Military: 150 HP (+ other resistance bonus)
– Zombie Spider: 150 HP
– Zombie Fat (also Lumberjack): 300 HP
– Zombie Vulture: 30 HP
– Zombie Dog: 200 HP
– Boar: 250 HP
– Bear: 1600 HP
– Dire Wolf / Mountain Lion: 750 HP (op, isn’t it?)
– ! – Feral Zombies (red eyes) have 90% more HP
– ! – Radiated Zombies (green skin) have 260% more HP
You should know how item tiers work in some complicated combinations (from worst to best):
- General tiers: Stone < Iron < Steel
- Butchering: Bone Knife < Hunting Knife < Machete
- Construcion: Stone Axe < Taza’s Stone Axe < Claw Hammer < Nailgun
- Disassembling: Wrench < Ratchet < Impact Driver
- Shotguns: Blunderbuss < Double Barrel Shotgun < Pump Shotgun < Auto Shotgun
- Rifles: Hunting Rifle < Marksman Rifle < Sniper Rifle
- Machine Guns: Ak-47 < Tactical Assault Rifle < M60 Machine Gun
- Handguns: Pistol < .44 Magnum < .44 Desert Vulture (< SMG-5 – can be counted here because of the same materials and needed skill points – requires 9mm ammunition)
- You can open console with F1 button
- Write “dm” command for debug menu (controlling time etc) and again “dm” to turn it off
- Write “cm” in console to enable creative menu in your inventory (all items)
With debug menu turned ON:
- You can teleport anywhere on the map by clicking CTRL + Right Click
- You can teleport to where you’re aiming at by clicking Shift + Q
- Press Q for God Mode
- Press F3 for advanced block information etc
- Press F6 to open “spawn any zombie” menu
- Press F5 to turn third person on
- You can ride vehicle in first person by pressing H to fly and then getting into your vehicle while flying (looks nice)
You can edit config files and create your own settings in:
Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config
Note: It works on your hosted world for all players – other players don’t need to change anything in their config files!
When changing something better create a backup of .xml config file you’re editing.
For example I like:
- Upgrading Vehicle velocity:
1) Open vehicles.xml
2) CTRL+F and search for “velocityMax” (you’ll find 6 different vehicle results) and replace the default numbers
- Setting higher experience values in options when opening world:
1) Open windows.xml in XUi_Menu folder
2) CTRL+F – “goXPMultiplier” (the first result)
- Get higher damage on blocks to avoid grinding basic resources:
1) Open windows.xml in XUi_Menu folder
2) CTRL+F – “goBlockDamagePlayer” (the first result)
If you get bored:
- Try “World War Z” style – zombies run/sprint all day and are nightmare at night!
- Try “The Walking Dead” style – teams PvP with friends f.e. 2v2, 2v3, 2v2v2 – remember, zombies during apocalypse are just the cherry on top – the true danger are people!
- Try “Blood Moon Every Day” challenge – you can set higher exp, loot and block damage values to progress faster
- Try “Realistic” style – pick a house, repair it, cheat clothes and any house weapon and defend yourself as it was your actual house when the apocalypse just started, because who hasn’t got a house and clothes during a real invasion. Be careful not to run out of ammunition
Hope you enjoy the Guide about 7 Days to Die – Best Gameplay Tips and Tricks – New Version: Alpha 19.6 , if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All 7 Days to Die Posts List