First step, BIOS menu with Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO)
With Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO) you can achieve a lot by doing just a little.
Its not the best all core for “benchmarking” however for “gaming” use it is the very best.
I’ve managed to get a 690 single core clock by making a 30 second adjustment in my own bios and a 15% improvement over the overclock I spent hours on.
For your knowledge this is the “manual pbo method”
1. Once your in the bios, scroll across to advanced.
2. Go to the “AMD Overclocking” tab and select.
3. Go to “Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO)”
4. Change the limits tab to “Motherboard”
5. Now enter on the tab called “CURVE”
6. Enter the number NEGATIVE15-20 for very high performance gains.
(now some motherboards don’t perform aswell as others and same with CPU silicone and memory “HOWEVER” if you start on NEGATIVE “15” and it crashes, do step 7.
7. If you are having instability’s try change lone line calibration for the CPU “LLC” the “DIGI PWR” which the tab is located back in the standard tweaker menu. Now adjust the to “Level 3”
At this point if its unstable, reduce your NEGATIVE offset number gradually. Will add photos to help in my next update!
Peace! Please like and subscribe and if this has helped in anyway or given you new knowledge please consider rewarding! Thanks!
Hope you enjoy the Guide about 3DMark – How to PBO overclock your Ryzen to 5GHZ, if you think we should add extra information or forget something, please let us know via comment below, and we will do our best to fix or update as soon as possible!
- All 3DMark Posts List